MA'AN Development Center is seeking qualified candidates for a full timeAccountant
Based in Ramallah
Job Purpose: To work closely with the Financial Team to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.Major Duties & Activities:
Supports the Financial Officer in matters relating to overall MA'AN Development Center accounting functions.
Insert all accounting transactions into the BISAN accounting system, and ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information.
Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
Review the work prepared by the Financial Assistant.
Ensure full support documentation for all transactions and in compliance with the institution’s and donor's policies and procedures.
Producing accurate financial reports to donors in accordance with the institution’s and donors’ policies and regulations.
Prepare payroll sheet and related tax deductions.
Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
Prepare and manage all monthly, quarterly, and annually financial reports.
Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.Job Qualifications: (PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES)
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
• Three or more years’ experience in a mid-to-upper level accounting position and preferable in NGOs.
• Experience in projects financial management.
• Good command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
• Ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively.
• Knowledge of NGOs & donors financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines and issue financial information in a timely manner.
• Maintain standards of conduct & demonstrate sound work ethics.
• Experience with BISAN accounting software.
• Proficiency in using a range of office software, including MS/Word, Outlook, Excel, Email.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should include the applicant’s expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please send CVs to MA'AN Development Center at: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.maan-ctr.org APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 2 June 2019
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all positions
Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.