The CPS Program of GIZ is seeking for a consultant
to plan, design and supervise the set up of an arts and crafts workshop in Ramallah, Al Bireh
The primary purpose of this consultancy is to develop with the CPS Programme the technical and artistic design of the Arts & Crafts Workshop, in order to build a multi-purpose space that allows to get the best possible usage out of it. This requires innovative interior design with a flexible and changeable outset.
3. Main TasksThe assignment will be implemented in two rooms:
Garage (~7.0 m*4.5 m = 31.5 m²)
Storage room (5.0 m*2.0 m = 10 m²)
both located in the ground floor of the building.
In close cooperation with the CPS, the consultant is obliged to perform the following tasks which are divided into the following three phases:
Phase 1: Needs Assessment
1. Conduct a site visit to the Hub to assess the actual needs for renovation and furnishing works for the Arts & Crafts Garage.
2. Specifying design ideas, requirements for furniture, equipment, and tools for the workshop.
3. Meet with CPS to exchange ideas, get informed about the specific needs for the workshops in order to co-create the design.
Phase 2: Design
4. Based on the needs-assessment in Phase 1, provide a first design draft for the CPS, discuss it and collect feedback.
5. The second phase ends with an agreement upon a design that allows the best possible usage of the space.
Phase 3: BOQ & Tendering
6. Provide a BOQ for the set-up of the workshop. The cost estimation in the BOQ should consider the current prices and the availability of needed materials in local markets.
7. Provide a site supervision plan, detailing a work schedule and the expected period for the rehabilitation phase
8. Provide a list of contractors / carpenters (at least six) that are qualified to carry out the works for tendering. Contractors should be based in the Westbank.
9. Assist the CPS in the selection of a contractor.If you are interested and qualified for the assignment , please send your CV and Portfolio until the 15th of October at: firstname.lastname@example.org