Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In order to support the programme “TVET and Labour Market Programme ”, we are looking for a full time
Junior Procurement and Grant officer
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- In accordance with GIZ regulations and possibly in consultation with Head Office, assists with local procurement of materials and equipment, invitations to tender and order processing for the NAWI Cluster programmes.
- Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft
- Assists with checking invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
- Assists with the safe transport of goods to destination
- Assists with processing claims for damage to goods
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Assists the officer in processing customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics)
- Assists with checking ship consignments
- Assists with monitoring clearing of goods
- Assists with organising and coordinating collection of goods
- Participates in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registrations and insurance
- Assists in forwarding registration and insurance papers to the responsible project/programme staff
- Assists with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office
- Participates in tenders, in concluding service agreements, and in the purchase of materials and equipment, advises the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation, and participates in entering into and processing financial agreements
- Organises distribution of office funds and other office supplies
- Involve in the preparation of Contracts related to Grant Agreements, Financing Agreements and Local Subsidies for NAWI Cluster Programmes.
- Supports the Head of Administration in providing full orientation to partner organizations on how to deal with their financial Grants in accordance with GIZ rules and Regulations.
- Supports the Head of Administration in monitoring the contractually agreed reporting of the partners to the agreement.
- Follow up on the detailed list of expenditures, statement of accounts submitted by the partner organization.
- Follow up on their cash flow and call of disbursements
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Qualification in business administration with a focus on accounting or related area.
- Basic knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent written and oral command of English and Arabic.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure.
Assignment: Starting November 1st, 2017
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address:
which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter no .
Kindly state in the email subject “Junior Procurement and Grant officer-TEP”.
Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.