CARE West Bank & Gaza is looking for a committed professional to the values ofTransformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality,
to fill the following vacancy:
: The Gender Coordinator (GC) will oversee and ensure gender mainstreaming in all “Women and Youth Entrepreneurs Leading Change” project, or OBADER, funded by the Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). The OBADER initiative will be implemented over a 4-year period (April 2018-2022) by CARE in south and central West Bank and Gaza, in collaboration with local partners. OBADER is planning to enhance the economic empowerment and increase the prosperity of low-income women and female and male youth as entrepreneurs and employees in central (including Nablus) and south of West Bank and Gaza (WBG).
The GC will primarily provide leadership for all gender related activities under all project in addition to the responsibility of the direct implementation of the first component of OBADER project that aims to reduced gender-specific barriers to entrepreneurship for women and youth, with a particular focus on handicrafts/embroidery, food processing/agribusiness, and non-traditional enterprises.
The GC will ensure building staff and partner capacity on gender related issues to enhance the project implementation and will promote learning within the project and the organization and works with the project manager, project’s team and other relevant staff in CARE WBG to expand the network of CARE WB&G’s collaborators by seeking out and forming professional relationships with the partners, other organizations, institutions and potential local donors.Location
: West BankStart date
: ImmediatelyPosition type
: full-time 40 hours/weekمتطلبات الوظيفةRequirements
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience) in gender or women’s studies, economic, social science, political science, or public administration with an emphasis on gender. Master’s degree in gender studies or a related field is a plus.
· In depth knowledge of gender programs and approaches.
· Proven success and a track record integrating and harmonizing ideas within a team and with external stakeholders.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in development programming with special emphasis on gender issues with evidence.
· Significant project management experience
· Advanced facilitation experience
· Experience in managing women and/or youth economic empowerment projects/ initiatives.
· Proven track record working with civil society, communities, local NGO partners and government officials
· Experienced with liaising & networking
· A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring and reviews, budget planning and management
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong team player skills and experienced collaborator
· Outstanding analytical, advocacy and action research skills.
· Proven skills in program planning, development, gender analysis, assessing and reporting to external grants providers
· Excellent English writing and oral skills.تفاصيل الوظيفة
المسمى الوظيفي: Gender Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم: 06 - Jul - 2018
المكان: رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة: دوام كامل
المستوى المهني: متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية: البكالوريوس
الخبرة: 5 Years
التصنيف: مجالات متنوعة، العلوم الإنسانيةآلية التقديمThe full job descriptions and the position’s educational and technical experience requirements can be sent upon request email@example.com
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered. Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English)
Please submit your application by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to the attention of the HR Department no later than 6 July 2018 and include the job number (3/2018) in the subject line and cover letter.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.Applications from female candidates are strongly encouragedCARE International promotes the principle of Equal Opportunity for all