الوصف الوظيفيApplication Type
: External VacancyJob ID/Title
: 984 - FAO Operations AssociateCategory
: FAOPost Level
: SB3/3Application Deadline
: 22-Jun-18Duty Station
: JerusalemType of Contract
: Service Contract
: (for 100 Series ContractsLanguages Required
: (date when the selected canditate is expected to startDuration of Initial Contract
: 12 months, extendableBackground
FAO’s Coordination Office for the West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS) Programme assists the Palestinian Government to formulate and implement policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Office and in close collaboration with the Head of Programme and other relevant personnel as appropriate, the Operations Consultant provides assistance in ensuring the mission’s effective and efficient programme delivery.Description of
:The incumbent will perform the following duties and tasks
• Participate in project teams, collaborates in new project formulation and provide technical and/or administrative support to ongoing operational projects.
• Assist programme personnel in the preparation of project work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
• Assist with the management of the project budget and prepares revisions as required.
• Support coordination of actions related to timely field project completion/closure, including identification of project follow-up requirements.
• Assist in liaising with HQ units related to donor liaison, finance, procurement, legal matters, partnerships, security and technical specialties as and when required.
• Assist in liaising with UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) and other UN Organizations, as well as relevant authorities and partners to obtain/exchange information and ensure coordination for FAO interventions.
• Review compliance with UNDSS security requirements for personnel, premises and assets and propose actions and corrective measures if necessary.
• Review that FAO’s Project Cycle Management guidelines are applied in all phases of project management and propose actions and corrective measures if necessary.
• Ensure the quality of data/documentation in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS) for all pipeline and operational field projects.
• Facilitate procurement, partnerships, recruitment and budget management in line with FAO’s rules and regulations in support of the ongoing projects and facilitates the running of the FAO’s offices in Jerusalem, Ramallah (West Bank) and Gaza City (Gaza Strip).
• Monitor the availability of funds under all projects; ensure financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines; monitor/approve field expenditures, verify/approve invoices and ensure projects’ budgets are always up to date.
• Forecast and monitor annual programme delivery, estimate and monitor the Office’s Administrative and Operational Support (AOS) budget earnings and expenditure.
• Support day-to-day running of the FAO WBGS office including personnel, premises, assets and the vehicle fleet; assist in optimizing the management of Office’s premises and vehicles, the allocation of space and the provision of services for the maintenance of premises and the vehicle fleet.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Financial management of all projects always ensured (budget expenses and forecasts continually updated).
• Timeliness of FAO project/programme delivery in the WBGS.
• Quality service delivery provided to operational projects.
• Smooth operations and compliance with security regulations.Competencies
:FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, implementation and management.
• Extent and relevance of experience in budgetary planning, budget management and financial reporting.
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
• Knowledge of international humanitarian architecture including the UN System, NGOs etc. is desirable and understanding of FAO policies and programmes is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.متطلبات الوظيفة:Qualifications
University degree in public administration, business administration, economics, political sciences, development studies or a closely related field.
At least two years of relevant experience.
Fluency in English and Arabic.
• Well versed with EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT, email applications and ability to conduct Internet-based research.
• Ability to travel across the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip.تفاصيل الوظيفة
المسمى الوظيفي: FAO Operations Associate
آخر موعد للتقديم: 22 - Jun - 2018
نوع الوظيفة: دوام كامل
المستوى المهني: متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية: الماجستير
الخبرة: 2 Years
التصنيف: الإدارة والأعمال، مجالات متنوعة، العلوم الإنسانيةآلية التقديم
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online throughApply Now